Hi everyone! I know I have been a bit absent the past couple of weeks but I have been visiting your blogs, just not commenting on all of them. I’ve been busy with yard work and lots of sewing, machine embroidery and even some crocheting! I will catch you all up with posts over the next week or so. Stay tuned because there will also be a GIVE AWAY coming up.
First I will show you a little of why I have been so busy.
Just after I finished planting my containers we had 10 cubic yards of mulch delivered. In case you don’t know how much that is the above dump truck is like the one that did the delivery. It was full and a bit mounded up with mulch for the gardens. The pile took up almost the entire two car parking area in our driveway and was slightly taller than me at 5 feet 2 inches (sorry I forgot to get a picture). In other words it was a HUGE pile that needed to be moved to all the planting beds and then spread.
As usual Charlie did all the hauling, one wheel barrow full at a time. I assisted by doing all the spreading after he piled it up in the beds. We were lucky that the week we had the delivery the weather was rather cool so we worked every day until is was all done. After a full week of work the mulching was done.
In between the mulching and after that I was working in my sewing room.
This is an overall view of my sewing room after about 2 weeks of constant working. More on all the projects later. This is a far shot so you might not be able to see just how messy it is so I will show you a few close-ups. When I am working on projects I just keep going and don’t always stop to put things away after I finish one thing before going on to the other so things start piling up.
This is the closet where I keep most of my fabric and other supplies. The grey and red thing on the floor is for storing the embroidery part of my sewing machine. In this picture it is full of all sorts of sewing supplies (fabric, stabilizer, embroidery hoops) with the embroidery unit laying on top. When you do projects with machine embroidery you have to attach that unit to the sewing machine, do the embroidery and then take the embroidery unit off to do the sewing to put the bag or whatever it is you are making together. I don’t really have a place to store this without zipping it back in the bag and when I am doing a lot of projects it just isn’t practical. Needless to say it did block my access to the closet just a bit. Not to mention the pile of left over fabric and stabilizer on the floor as well.
On the other side of the room my ironing table looks more like a storage area on top. This time the grey and red bag on the floor was used to transport items to and from my quilt club meeting. Above is what it looked like before I started putting everything away. Here is how it looks after the clean up.
All that sewing coupled with a few quilt club meetings over the past two weeks meant for a busy time. Unfortunately my blog post writing suffered. I am going to try to write more often in the future and not leave you hanging for so long. By the way just after I took the “neat” pictures I started on another embroidery project so the room is well on its way to being messy again.