A couple of weeks ago I was given the Liebster Award by a remarkable quilting blogger. Giles of Touch and Sew is not only a quilter, but he is legally blind. This doesn’t stop him from pursuing a hobby that most of us couldn’t imagine doing without full sight. I first found Giles’ blog when he entered his first quilt in the online quilt show “Men Quilt Too” in September of last year and was surprised to find out he lives in the Rochester, NY area too! To date we have not met in person and unfortunately Giles will likely be moving back to England sometime in March, but I hope we can meet up before he leaves. I find his story very inspiring and would love to meet him. You should pop over to his blog and get to know him.
So my next order of business is to nominate 5 other bloggers. I thought this might be tough, but after looking around some of my favorites haven’t previously received this award. Some of the blogs I chose are more pet oriented and are familiar with me, but a couple are primarily quilting blogs that I find very inspiring. All of the blogs I have chosen involve crafting and quilting for some of their posts. So without further ado and in no particular order here is my list:
- Dachsies With Moxie – Well I think many of you know that Agnes (who some of you know as What’s Her Name) and I have both contributed a lot of time to a special quilt recently. We have traded numerous emails over the past few weeks and I consider Agnes a friend now. I love her blog and have told her I feel a bit embarrassed when she refers to me as blogvilles’ “world-class quilter”, but I would be lying if I said it didn’t make me feel good to be appreciated too. She has recently promoted my endeavors to start a business selling hand-made bags on her blog. Thanks Agnes.
- Dog Eared – I have to say that Mollie Jo, her brother Bobo and Uncle Puppy always make me smile when I visit their blog. Not only is her mom a great seamstress creating numerous dresses for Mollie Jo to model, but she also makes quilts and enjoys creating machine embroidered things as well. Mollie Jo and her mom also open their home to foster pups on a regular basis and recently took in a real cutie. As the main voice of the blog Mollie Jo is often going on adventures and modeling her many outfits and recently won the Too Darn Cute category and Best In Show at Mango Minster.
- Bags by KZK – Now at first blush this blog might not be familiar to most of you, but if you look closely you will see some very familiar faces. This is the quilting blog written by the mom of Dave and Zim, of the Army of Four Digest. On this blog Karen usually goes into more detail of her quilting and crafting projects that are occasionally mentioned on the boys blog. Of course Dave, the guide dog for the color blind, often makes an appearance helping his mom pick fabrics and proper thread colors for her projects. I enjoy learning more about Karen’s process as she creates her projects.
- Nero’s Post and Patch – You might think when you first visit this blog that it is about Nero the dog since he is prominently featured in the header, but it is really about his mom Teje and her quilting adventures. Her blog describes her as “a Finnish woman living in Greece filling her days with fabric, wool and dogs”, but her cat Nelli recently posted about how she helps her mom in her sewing studio. Teje is also “owned” by two other dogs. Check out her blog for not only some beautiful quilts, but gorgeous scenery from around Greece.
- Quilts of Love – This longarm quilter from Maine has become my quilting inspiration. I wish I could see her work in person as it never ceases to amaze me. Most of the quilts she works on are not her own as she quilts tops clients have sent her, but I really love the ones she has created the best. So far what I have seen of her quilts I absolutely love her choice in colors. Just so you don’t think this quilter is devoid of pets she and her family are owned by two cats who make occasional appearances on her blog. If you are a quilter you must visit this blog and be blown away by her awesome quilting and even if you aren’t a quilter you will still be blown away by the beauty of her and her clients work.
So there you have my recipients of the Liebster Award. By the way in case you didn’t already know liebster is a German word that translates to “dearest” and that is how I feel about all of my new friends in blogville. You are all dear to me. Thanks again to Giles for presenting me with this award.
Now for those of you that I presented this award to the rules state that you should:
- Thank your award presenter on your blog
- Link back to the blogger who presented you with the award
- Copy and paste the award to your blog
- Present the Liebster Award to 5 blogs that you think deserve to be recognized
- Let them know by leaving a comment on their blog
I completely understand if you don’t want to follow the rules so don’t feel like you have to. Just enjoy the accolades and maybe you will make some new friends too.